Thursday, April 25, 2013

Phew! It's the Teacher's Fault!

I had just gotten off the bus from a field trip with one child. I was chatting with some newfound friends when I said that  I needed to go to the office to get my other son who had spent the day with the principal, due to some very bad behavior. One woman asked which teacher the second son had. I told her, to which she responded, "That's why he's in the principal's office! That teacher can't keep control!"

I was shocked, but also reassured. My son's behavior had nothing at all to do with his own choices to act disrespectful, disobedient, and obnoxious. Well, good. That just made my job as mother easier.

That awful teacher! How dare she not control this child of mine! How dare she let him rip up his homework  right in front of her! How dare she stand by and watch him crawling around the room like a small child! How dare she just ask my son to stay on task and do his work with the other students, and be expected to comply! Some teachers! And then when he wouldn't, she had the audacity to bring him to the principal's office! First time all year, too, and this is no easy child.

This is a boy who has been in this land for two short years, and he doesn't know what to do when he's had too much. He doesn't know how to respond, so he shuts down............totally. He goes to no man's land and he's almost impossible to penetrate. Then, after what seems like hours, he pops out of it, and he's my nice respectful funny amazing son again. And this teacher just doesn't know how to handle this child. Shame on her.

Wow! I do not envy teachers today. It is all on them. Children can't be blamed because they are just children. They don't have to be responsible until..............wait, until when? Oh, when they are good and ready. Well, that will be just about never! So teachers, stand back. This new generation of  ME! has just gotten totally out of control, and it's YOUR fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment