Sunday, April 28, 2013

Meet Caleb




Caleb is my son. I first met Caleb when he was thirteen years old. He came to my room with his dad, to bring me flowers when I was sick. The first time I saw him I fell quickly in love with his glowing eyes and easy smile. I have many children. Some came to me through birth, others through adoption. Caleb came to me through "inheritance." I married his father, and I inherited this great young man. :)  I know that I in no way take the place of his angel mother, but with all my heart I feel she and I share in our motherly love for this special individual.

There are few people I know of who have a firmer testimony of the plan of salvation than Caleb has. I have watched first hand as he has utilized his testimony and allowed it to pull him through the great difficulties of life. He knows he will see his good mother and precious brothers and sisters again. (Caleb lost 5 other siblings before the Christmas Eve accident, four of them before Caleb was born).
 Caleb was born three weeks after his 14 month old sister, Brianna, died of a brain tumor. At his baby blessing, Caleb was told he would be a comfort to those around him. Caleb brought insurmountable comfort to his mother at that time of great heartache. Nearly thirteen years later, Caleb was his father, Gary's, comfort at the hardest time of his life. Today Caleb continues to comfort others with his peaceful presence and unconditional love. He has been a great source of comfort to me through the ups and downs of my own life.

Caleb, thank you for allowing your testimony and love to be shared with the world. Your mother in heaven and your mother on earth are so very very proud of you!



This is Caleb's testimony done by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints of the great plan of salvation that Heavenly Father has for each of us, His children.







1 comment:

  1. Dog gone it...you made me cry. Caleb is such a wonderful young man, hard actually to put into words. You are right...he does still bring comfort to those around him. I feel so blessed to know him (and your family). Thank you for sharing him with others the way that you do. ~Alice~

    ReplyDelete