- I would pray 100 times a day.
- I would attend the temple as often as possible, but mainly when my children were gone for visitation.
- I would stay in the scriptures every single day.
- I would smile, smile, smile.
- I would make time to cry, cry, cry. (This was vital to my healing. I had to let myself feel. My dad actually had to teach me about this one. He let me know it was alright to feel what I was feeling.)
- I would associate only with people who were on my side for the first long while. I couldn't let anymore negativity into my life.
- I needed to have a lifeline and a backup lifeline. Any hour of any day or night, I had people I could call for comfort and advice.
- I made sure to leave my heart open to forgive completely, and to be patient while I wait for it to come. I have found it comes in stages, and these stages are very vulnerable.
- I would serve, serve, serve.
- I needed to choose to believe in love and in eternal families again. I prayed for a renewed testimony of marriage.
- Pray AGAIN! Oh, and again!
I am a work in progress. I know that. Being what I want to be is not happening over night. I still have triggers that can put me into a downward cycle for days, but I am trusting my Savior Jesus Christ to take my best efforts and make me into far more than my puny young heart could have ever dreamed.
Learning to Trust in Marriage Again http://corkyceran.blogspot.com/2013/11/trust-in-marriage.html
This Guy Really Helped Me! http://corkyceran.blogspot.com/2013/11/letting-nephi-help.html?spref=fb